Items can be dropped off at any of the charity shops or NEWCIS offices. We also have a collection service for larger donations. If you would like to request a collection, please ring your local charity shop.
We can take most items which are of a saleable quality, and are always on the look out for ladies clothing, toys and furniture.
- Any safety equipment including car seats, helmets, harnesses, fire fighting equipment, life jackets, etc.
- Soft toys without CE label
- Gas appliances
- Oil lamps
- Cigarette lighters and cigarette lighter refill canisters
- Knives and scissors
- Used pillows and duvets (except pillow cases, duvet covers and mattress covers)
- Cushions, cushion covers and tailored furniture covers (unless fire label is attached)
- Candles without instructions
- Electric blankets
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment
- Power tools without instructions and petrol or diesel fuelled garden equipment
- Swords, sword sticks, crossbows
- Guns and ammunition (including replica guns, unless obviously toys)
- Oil filled radiators (not supplied with a thermostat)
- Ovens with glass doors
- Inflatable dinghies and inflatable toys for water
- Home recorded DVDs, video and audio tapes, computer games and software
- Shavers, foot spas etc. (unless in mint condition, sealed box)
- Perishable goods, food, drink, medication including vitamins
- Cleaning agents, solvents, adhesives
- Items made from ivory
- Due to various regulations we are not allowed by law to take these items and disposal costs are incurred with goods we cannot sell. If you need any advice about what we can and can’t take, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
There are many reasons you may need a house clearance service, this could be due to a change in residence and often requires prompt action. Carer Venture Limited has the facility to provide part or full house clearances, sensitive to your situation.
Contact the Buckley Charity Shop to discuss your individual circumstances on 01352 250148.
Retail Gift Aid
The donated goods must belong to your household.
You must be a UK taxpayer and have paid at least 25p income and/or capital gains tax in the UK (other taxes such as VAT and council tax do not count) during the current tax year.
You must be at least 18 years old.
A Gift Aid declaration must be completed.
If you have not paid sufficient tax during the tax year to cover the total amount of Gift Aid claimed by the charity in relation to your donation(s) then you may be liable. You will need to have paid £250 in Tax in the current tax year to cover £1,000 of sales.
You are appointing CVL to act as an agent in attempting to sell your goods for a commission of 1% plus VAT, which shall be deducted from the proceeds of sale.
Gift Aid will be claimed on the sale price minus the commission and VAT.
Once the sale of goods reaches over £1,000, we will write to you before claiming the Gift Aid.
You will receive a unique ID number which you can quote at any donation.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your contact details or tax status.
You will receive an end of year tax statement notifying you of the sale of your goods.
Donated goods cannot be returned to you and may be disposed of if they are unable to be sold.
Declaration forms are available at the Charity Shops or can be completed online.
Carer Ventures Limited
Carer Ventures Limited (CVL) is NEWCIS’ social enterprise. CVL operates the NEWCIS charity shops and is investigating further opportunities for a social enterprise. Whilst raising funds, CVL also raises awareness of carers and plays a key role in identifying hidden carers. Our flagship charity shop in Buckley opened in November 2016. Since then two more shops have opened: Mold in 2018 and more recently the Wrexham shop opened in 2019.
At the heart of CVL are NEWCIS volunteers. Volunteers ensure CVL works to its full potential. Volunteering for CVL provides an opportunity to gain work-based experience both within the shop, collecting donations and behind the scenes. Friendship and comradery between volunteers and staff facilities an environment where people can go to not just volunteer but to enjoy themselves as well.
Carer Ventures Ltd (company number 10638466) is a trading company which manages NEWCIS shops and will pass any profits to the charity NEWCIS.
NEW! Upcycling and Restoration Workshops
The NEWCIS charity shops have been successful in gaining a Social Business Growth Wales grant which has allowed us to develop the charity shop services over the forthcoming year. The first one to launch is the workshop facility in the Buckley shop that will allow us to restore, recycle, upholster and upcycle furniture.
The project has been supported by the European Regional Development Fund through Welsh Government.