Carer Ventures Limited (CVL) is NEWCIS’ social enterprise. CVL operates the NEWCIS charity shops. Whilst raising funds, CVL also raises awareness of carers and plays a key role in identifying hidden carers.
At the heart of CVL are NEWCIS volunteers. Volunteers ensure CVL works to its full potential. Volunteering for CVL provides an opportunity to gain work-based experience both within the shop, collecting donations and behind the scenes. Friendship and comradery between volunteers and staff facilities an environment where people can go to not just volunteer but to enjoy themselves as well.
Items can be dropped off at the shop. We have a collection service for larger donations (furniture, house clearances). If you would like to request a collection, please contact us.
We can take most items which are of a saleable quality, and are always on the look out for clothing and furniture.
- Any safety equipment including car seats, helmets, harnesses, fire fighting equipment, life jackets, etc.
- Soft toys without CE label
- Gas appliances
- Oil lamps
- Cigarette lighters and cigarette lighter refill canisters
- Knives and scissors
- Used pillows and duvets (except pillow cases, duvet covers and mattress covers)
- Cushions, cushion covers and tailored furniture covers (unless fire label is attached)
- Candles without instructions
- Electric blankets
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment
- Power tools without instructions and petrol or diesel fuelled garden equipment
- Swords, sword sticks, crossbows
- Guns and ammunition (including replica guns, unless obviously toys)
- Oil filled radiators (not supplied with a thermostat)
- Ovens with glass doors
- Inflatable dinghies and inflatable toys for water
- Home recorded DVDs, video and audio tapes, computer games and software
- Shavers, foot spas etc. (unless in mint condition, sealed box)
- Perishable goods, food, drink, medication including vitamins
- Cleaning agents, solvents, adhesives
- Items made from ivory
- Due to various regulations we are not allowed by law to take these items and disposal costs are incurred with goods we cannot sell. If you need any advice about what we can and can’t take, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Man & van service
Sign up to easyfundraising and see your favourite brands donate to the cause you care about whenever you shop with them. Thousands of brands give back when you spend! easyfundraising partners with over 7,000 brands who will donate part of what you spend to a cause of your choice. It won’t cost you any extra. The cost is covered by the brand.
Carer Ventures Ltd (company number 10638466) is a trading company which manages NEWCIS shops and will pass any profits to the charity NEWCIS.