As a carer we know your life may not always be smooth sailing. With this in mind NEWCIS have created a Carers Emergency Plan and supportive list to help you in your times of need. You can download the Carers Emergency Plan here, make sure you print and complete this; leaving with your important documents. If you would like a paper copy please contact NEWCIS.

If you’ve reached a point you feel where you would like to greatly reduce your caring role, or no longer have the capacity to provide the caring role you would need to discuss this with your social worker, if you don’t have a social worker you would need to contact Single Point of Access who would be able to assist you. They will discuss your needs with you during a what matters conversation where it will then be triaged and sent to the relevant department and social worker.

If you are diagnosed with a short-term health condition and need support until you recover Betsi Cadwalder Health Board have arranged respite support via North Wales Crossroads, to access this please contact a health professional you are involved with such as a Nurse or General practitioner who will be able to call Crossroads to make the referral. More information is available here.

NEWCIS facilitate a carers emergency planning service where we discuss your circumstances and all those that you would need to engage with following various events and circumstances. To complete a carer emergency plan, please contact us and arrange for a wellbeing officer to visit and complete it with you.

Denbighshire SPoA 

0300 4561000

Flintshire SPoA

01352 803444

Wrexham Social Services

01978 292066

More out of hours useful contacts