NEWCIS works collaboratively with carers, statutory services and private and voluntary sectors across Flintshire and Denbighshire in North Wales to ensure carers are receiving a quality service.
The independent charity receives funding from Denbighshire and Flintshire County Councils, and Betsi Cadwaladr Health Board to provide a range of innovative services.
NEWCIS also benefits from funding from the Big Lottery which has enabled several initiatives to be introduced. These include a Life Skills project that enabled 383 carers in Denbighshire to receive individual support to move on to further education, employment or access volunteering opportunities.
Funding has also enabled community support officers from NEWCIS to engage with communities to encourage people to become ‘carer aware’ to identify hidden carers.
Services provided by NEWCIS in Denbighshire include:
- Liaison with statutory and voluntary organisations at a strategic level regarding carer issues
- Management of a carers centre as a staff base
- Identification of carers
- Facilitation of carers groups and management of a carers centre as a staff base
- Provision of a range of information and signposting, including a quarterly newsletter and carers information pack
- Facilitation of carers needs assessments
- Administration of carers emergency card
- Information and services for carers within a primary care setting
- Increasing carer awareness in community wards across Denbighshire
Services provided by NEWCIS in Flintshire include:
- Liaison with statutory and voluntary organisations at a strategic level regarding carers issues
- Provision of a range of information and signposting
- Facilitation of carers support groups, including long-term condition groups and bereavement
- Regular drop-in facility
- A counselling service
- Introduction into alternative respite care services for carers with partners in the independent sector
- Co-ordination and monitoring carer grants and carer commissioned services on behalf of the county
- Managing the new Opening Doors project to develop new respite services for carers and group opportunities
We need your help!
Think you can help at one of our upcoming events or on a more regular basis? Could you make a one off or regular donation?
Think we can help?
Contact our team today and we’ll take you through things, step by step